Questions are a great way to get to know someone.
Here’s a few common questions people ask, but feel free to contact one of our ministers if your question(s) are not found here.
“Tell me about Farmville!”
- Located in the heart of eastern North Carolina, Farmville is on the Raleigh-Greenville Corridor, an hour from Raleigh and ten minutes from Greenville.
- Farmville offers a four-school campus, historic and new residential communities, enthusiasm for the Arts, a vibrant Main Street and is conveniently located for a variety of commercial and industrial opportunities.
- Farmville can trace its history back to mid-1760, when early settlers began farming the fertile land. Incorporated in 1872, Farmville has grown and changed with the times. In 1952, visionary civic leaders created the Economic Development Council, one of the first in the state.
- Previously named a finalist in the All-America City competition, Farmville preserves its past while enthusiastically pursuing its future.
- While close to Greenville, Farmville is just far enough away to maintain small town appeal without feeling like a “bedroom community!”
- Farmville is the best kept secret in Pitt County!!!
“Where are you located?”
- 3653 East Wilson Street, Farmville, NC
- From Greenville: Take Hwy. 264 West to Exit 66, turn left then right at red light intersection (approx. 0.7 mi.). Bear left at the fork and continue approx. 0.5 mi. to church on left.
- From Raleigh – Wilson: Take Hwy. 264 East to Exit 63, turning right on Hwy. 258. Drive 1.3 mi. to red light, turning left. Drive 0.6 mi. to church on right.
“How would you describe your worship services?”
- Worship services at First Baptist can be described as Christian Traditional in a relaxed – formal setting, with the occasional special services – Youth Sunday, Children’s Choir presentations, etc.
- Communion is observed 7 – 8 times annually and is the “centerpiece” of worship on those particular Sundays.
- Guests experience a sincere sense of welcome because you are not just a guest for worship, you are our guest!
- Go to the “Stay Connected” link to view the previous Sunday’s service!
“What’s the membership of First Baptist?”
- First Baptist has a membership of 332, with an average worship attendance of approx. 120.